Workshop on Pattern Recognition and Applied Artificial Intelligence WRPIAA 2014
The goal of this workshop is to provide a forum for industry, engineers, researchers and students to discuss the state-of-the-art in pattern recognition and applied artificial intelligence. The key idea is to present recent developments in this field, because we believe that different applications can share similar solutions. The workshop is a scientific event organized by researchers who are members of different research groups from Peruvian entities. This first edition of the WRPIAA 2014 is sponsored by GRPIAA-PUCP and will take place in Lima-Peru, at the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, between 17 and 18 December, 2014.
- Paper submission deadline: November 5, 2014
- Paper acceptance notification: November 20,2014
- Paper camera-ready deadline: December 2,2014
- Workshop: December 17-18,2014
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Machine learning
- Data mining, knowledge discovery in big data
- Image processing and computer vision
- Semantic Web and Ontologies
- Information Extraction
- Natural language processing
- Agents and multi-agents
- Web information retrieval
- Recommendation systems
- Combinatorial optimization
- Graph applications
Papers could be written in English or Spanish and should be submitted through the easychair online system (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wrpiaa2014). The long paper length should be between 5 to 8 pages (including references and figures). The manuscripts should be formatted using the IEEE templates, review-formatted templates (link for the templates).
Every research paper submitted to WRPIAA 2014 will undergo a "double-blind" reviewing process, the PC members and referees who review the paper will not know the identity of the authors. To ensure anonymity of authorship, authors must prepare their manuscript as follows:
- Authors' names and affiliations must not appear on the title page or elsewhere in the paper.
- Funding sources must not be acknowledged on the title page or elsewhere in the paper.
- Research group members, or other colleagues or collaborators, must not be acknowledged anywhere in the paper.
We will accept all papers meeting the high quality and innovation standards of WRPIAA, and all accepted papers will be incorporated into the conference program. To this end, WRPIAA 2014 will continue to include "Research Plenary Sessions," where every accepted research paper will be presented as a "research poster" and included in the proceedings of the workshop.