- Paper submission deadline: October 10th, 2017
- Paper acceptance notification: October 27th,2017
- Paper camera-ready deadline: November 03th, 2017
- Workshop: November 16 -17th, 2017
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Machine learning
- Data mining, knowledge discovery in big data
- Image processing and computer vision
- Semantic Web and Ontologies
- Information Extraction
- Natural language processing
- Agents and multi-agents
- Web information retrieval
- Recommendation systems
- Combinatorial optimization
- Graph applications
Papers could be written in English or Spanish and should be submitted through the easychair online system (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=waimlap2017). The long paper length should be between 5 to 8 pages (including references and figures). The manuscripts should be formatted using the IEEE templates, review-formatted templates (link for the templates).Every research paper submitted to WAIMLAp 2017 will undergo a blind reviewing process, the PC members and referees who review the paper will not know the identity of the authors. To ensure anonymity of authorship, authors must prepare their manuscript as follows:
- Authors’ names and affiliations must not appear on the title page or elsewhere in the paper.
- Funding sources must not be acknowledged on the title page or elsewhere in the paper.
- Research group members, or other colleagues or collaborators, must not be acknowledged anywhere in the paper.
We will accept all papers meeting the high quality and innovation standards of WAIMLAp, and all accepted papers will be incorporated into the conference program. To this end, WAIMLAp 2017 will continue to include “Research Plenary Sessions,” where every accepted research paper will be presented as a “research poster” and included in the proceedings of the workshop.